Saturday, September 1, 2012

Enough, already.

Making the Family Calendar for Fall ...




I love back-to-school time. It always feels like a fresh start. Time to shake things up. Try something new. The kids are all excited for school to start. I am excited to have six hours of kidlessness every single day. I have to say that my plan to have a carefree, relaxed, unstructured summer really bit me in the ass and I am glad summer is just about over. I don’t know about your kids, but mine can’t wait to go back to school. They love school. They neeeeeeeeeed school. And they really, really need to get away from each other. They have had all the summer fun they can stand and now will bicker all the live long day about anything and everything.

I am ready for some new things as well. Back in June, when I was in Las Vegas with my husband, I met up with my friend Jennifer, who lives near me in New England, but was in Vegas for a conference. Jennifer owns her own design company and I have done some freelance work for her in the past (and hopefully more in the future!) As we chatted and caught up over drinks, she casually mentioned that my days would “start to evaporate away once the kids were out of school.” Boy oh boy was she right. She meant it in the “long, relaxing days where one day runs into the next” kind of way, but in reality it felt like each day I tried to accomplish something, the day just poofed away — gone!

The finished calendar - ready to be filled up! Bring it on!

As part of getting back on track, I am back to blogging every day. Starting today. I want to enjoy the last few days of summer before the craziness begins, but truthfully, I prefer the craziness. After two and a half months of “relaxing” I am all relaxed out and now I am just itching to start something new. I will be revisiting my “thirty day plan” with some major changes … tune in tomorrow to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment