Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Mothers' Day

Big Love




Today my kids did a “pretend Mothers’ Day” and woke me up with coffee in bed and showered me with paper hearts and homemade cards. More importantly, they promised to be helpful all day and not to squabble. My husband and kids emptied the dishwasher and set the table and made breakfast. We finished our back-to school shopping and made s’mores in the backyard firepit. There has been no squabbling. Kinda weird. And kinda great.  I am always torn at the end of the summer with this guilty/bittersweet feeling of wanting to hold on to my kids while they are still pretty young and wanting them to get the hell back to school so I can have some time to do something other than be full time mommy/referee. The end is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment